Wednesday 21 January 2015

How Am I This Old Already?

Hello my Lovelies,

As of today it is 3 sleeps until my 21st Birthday. THREE DAYS!!!

Part of me is ridiculously scared at the thought of being an official adult in every country in the world. I feel like I should automatically become much more sophisticated and responsible. Yet somehow I very much doubt that will be the case despite asking for a Rotary watch and a handbag......
Yes a real handbag!!

I always feel bad asking for presents worrying I'm asking for far too much. However society has mad become 21 this huge milestone birthday. Therefor it would be rude for me not to embrace it.

My best guy Niall is full on treating me and will be visiting from Thursday through til Sunday.

I shall be writing about our many adventures in London maybe even making a 'Day in The Life of' vlog for my Youtube.

My parents, sister and her boyfriend are also visiting, They've booked in at a nice hotel just outside Brighton and there is no way they would all fit in this little student house.

I'm just feeling really loved by how many caring and kind people I have around me. My home town is around 250 miles away from Brighton and it amazes me.

As usual in life there have been ups and downs recently with the stress and pressure of Uni work and exams becoming more real. Which is why my birthday being in January is both a blessing and a curse. My exams start 3 days after my birthday so I can have one last blow out to get rid of any stress and be refreshed for exams but also some people have finished them this week so they can celebrate finishing them by a good old party.

I've come a long way in a year. This time last year my depression was really bad, I'd quit my job, I had no money and was really struggling to stay positive at college. Now I have a job, I'm at uni I'm settling in making friends and joined my local Roller Derby team. Heck I've even been on my first date!!!! I never thought I'd be saying that.

I guess what I've come to realise is that shit really does get better. The cliches are cliches because they're true. So much can change in the space of a year. Remaining positive and working hard is the only way it will change for the better.

It's funny but the threat of turning 21 is making me feel all mature and like I have a new outlook on life. This disturbs me greatly so I'm off to have ice cream for breakfast and watch Adventure time.

Iona xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment